Tuesday, June 30, 2009

7 Months of Amelia

Month 6 has been so exciting for Amelia, Mommy and Daddy and now we’re onto month 7!! Amelia has become quite the momma’s girl! Once Mamma walks in the room, Amelia can careless about how much fun she and Daddy are having. All her attention is focused on getting Thea’s attention. It’s super cute to see Amelia get excited to see Thea. She wraps her little chubby arms around Thea and a place sloppy kisses on Thea’s cheek. Yes I admit it, I’m super jealous, but I know my day will come! It kinda already has in the form of sounds. Each morning Amelia love to talk and whisper DA DA DA DAD. She probably doesn’t understand what she’s saying, but the simple fact that she saying it melts my heart.

Amelia isn’t doing a whole lot of crawling yet, she really dislikes being on her belly any longer than she needs to be. She will just roll over onto her back and try to sit up. We let her struggle a few times then help her up. She has learned pretty quickly that flinging herself backwards when she’s frustrated hurts her head. Thea and I think Amelia is going to skip crawling all together and start running pretty soon. She loves to stand against the ottoman or against daddy and bounce up and down. Amelia stood with out help for almost 10 seconds the other day. She was smiling as if standing was the best thing since eating grapes through a feeding net.

Thea and I have been pretty lucky in the teething department. Amelia started pushing out her third tooth a few days ago, which is the upper front left tooth. Thea and I think she’s gonna have the DeCoste gap. Anyone who’s seen my grill knows what I’m talking about. Fortunately for Amelia, her gap will be fixed with modern brace technology. J However, Thea’s excited to take the first picture of Amelia and daddy smiling together after both of Amelia’s top teeth come in.

Amelia also has a new best friend, her Auntie Monica. Having Monica in Portland has been amazing!! Not only is she great company for Amelia, Thea and I, but she’s also a blessing. Monica has been able to care for Amelia while her regular sitter is on vacation. Watching those two play is super cute. Amelia really enjoys the Jane Fonda work stretches Auntie Monica helps her with. Auntie Monica continues to tell us Amelia needs a kitty or puppy and we continue to say hellz no! But when I see how excited Amelia gets around the neighborhood cat “Kit Kat” or hear stories of how excited she gets around a puppy…..who knows what will happen in the years to come. This month would have been super stressful and crazy without Monica. WE LOVE her so much!

UPDATE:
Amelia's 4th tooth is on it's way down. Soon she'll have 4 front teeth...

Until next month…..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What can I say my Beauty is awesome, she is growing up so fast,Moky is so good with kids i'm very glad she's in Portland.My family is growing and growing up there.I'm pretty excited to see all of you in Aug.Keep sending me picture of her,I love bragging about my grandkids Love you Mejo your Maaaaaaaaaaaaa