Wednesday, May 7, 2008

PREGNANCY SICKNESS

Although I am very excited about our little jelly bean growing inside me, the first trimester has brought some tough times.

I constantly have a metallic taste in my mouth. Rich came home a few times to find me with a wad of paper towel shoved in my mouth because I feel like I have to constantly spit.

My sense of smell is greatly heightened. I can smell everything! Poor Rich, I tell him not to breathe on me and turn my face away every time he speaks directly at me. It's not that he has bad breath, but it's just this weird scent he exudes that I cannot describe. Also, I am not sure how much cologne Jeffrey douses on himself, but I can smell that stuff hours after he has left the house. It sends me gagging into my room and I have to put a towel under my bedroom door to keep the smell from seeping in. I have stopped cooking as well because of my smell issues.

Nausea strikes me throughout the day, and it's worse in the evenings. The nausea does not usually cause me to involuntarily yak. It just feels like I am constantly hung over all day and that's not a fun feeling.

However, there have been occasions when I do throw up, like last Sunday. I spent the early morning hugging the toilet and barking into the bowl. It was miserable. After that, I told some friends the following day I did not want to be pregnant again based on how I've felt to date. For the last two days, I seriously contemplated adoption if we decide to have another child because I did not want to go through these symptoms again. Then last night, I dreamt I gave birth to quadruplets, 2 boys and 2 girls. The babies were so darling, and I felt such a huge surge of love, joy and happiness. When I woke up, I was really sad and disappointed that it was all just a dream. Despite what I may have felt before, there's no doubt in my mind now that I will be pregnant again if we decide to expand our family….

1 comment:

Lala said...

I feel your pain!

It is rough being pregnant-BUT (there is always a but! *wink) You are creating life! It is the most amazing thing and after the birth you honestly will forget everything! (They call is pregnancy amnesia-how else would woman want to voluntarily get pregnant again!) It will all be worth it in the end- and besides.. this is the time you say to rich-- For labor I get the Big fat diamond [fill in the blank] that I've always wanted right!!!
*smiles*