Wednesday, May 7, 2008

THE SWEETEST COMMENT

A couple of weeks ago, our nephews, Ethan and Liam came to visit us for the weekend. We had a super busy Sunday, we went back to the Childrens Museum in the morning then to Alberta Park for a picnic and Rich's kickball games. On our way to Alberta Park, we stopped by a minimart to grab some drinks (a 40oz of PBR for Dave). Rich went into the minimart and came back out and asked me if I had any cash because the store did not accept debit cards. As I handed Rich a few bucks from my purse, Ethan yelled from his car seat, "Uncle Dickey! You have to pay Aunt Thea back right away because she has to save up for a baby!!! You owe her ten dollars, no, you owe her twenty dollars!" Chuckling, Rich turned his head and said, "What! That's more than what she gave me!" Ethan piped up and replied, "Well the longer you wait to pay her, the more you owe 'cause she's having a baby!"

I thought that was so sweet...

3 comments:

Lala said...

Thats right-- My sons always looking out for their Auntie!
They are stoked for their cousin and ain't no uncle going to take money from that baby!

Anonymous said...

well if uncle dicky wasn't such a shady character then his nephews might respect him more and those kinda comments wouldn't be made by 6 year olds.

Hehe, you know they love Rich. Like Erin says they are just looking out for their cousin. As the saying goes, "from the mouth of babes" :)

May said...

I LOVE how little kids think! Always lookin' out for their family! :)